Weeds and lurgy

 Nicky’s week again began with a Monday morning funeral at Christ Church. Jill was very popular and well liked, and the service was very well attended. 


With a Vestry meeting next week Louise came over for lunch on Tuesday to discuss the Pastoral Care report that Nicky will submit. We had tomato soup with the walnut bread that I had made on Sunday. I also bought a farmhouse loaf while shopping but we didn’t break into that. Nicky and I have been enjoying it through the week. Home group was in the afternoon over at Josie’s. I cooked us some chicken for dinner, but just as we finished eating Nicky started vomiting.


Nicky seemed to be alright on Wednesday morning as we both worked in the garden, but by the afternoon she was starting to feel like she was coming down with a cold. She wore a mask while we attended the Candidates meeting for the upcoming Local Elections, which was very useful on helping us make our decisions for voting. The event was unusually running ahead of schedule and we thought we had heard enough by the interval, so zipped off to the quiz. We came 4th again with 82 points. Two more questions answered correctly and we have been in the money.


Nicky was masked again (her Covid test was negative) on Thursday when she went to the audiologist for her checkup and wax removal. She started to feel really under the weather while staffing the Community Library and when she came home just crawled into bed. On Friday morning she was really rough and coughing. She set about cancelling her plans for the next few days and has spent the majority of the rest of the week in bed. Now (Sunday afternoon) she is brighter but still eating carefully, coughing, and has a runny nose and sore throat.


While Nicky was watching this morning’s church service on-line she discovered that lots of people have come down with the same infection that she has caught. Most if not all of them were are there Parish Weekend Away last weekend.


I have had quite a bit of time in the garden this week, and I feel we have made some progress. I put mulch down in the area where I had been weeding:



I also ordered another delivery for tomorrow so that we can put mulch down in the area that Nicky has been working on. It has taken us all week to finish the jigsaw as we have not given it our full attention, but we have enjoyed it. On Wednesday night I moved into the Room of Requirement so that Nicky wasn’t concerned about disturbing me with her coughing and broken sleep.


The combination of spring sunshine and showers has encouraged the poppies at the end of the drive:




Buds and hints of blossom are starting to appear on our trees, and I suspect the weeds have noticed the change in the weather too. We will try and stop as many of them in their tracks as possible.


Take care, Rick and Nicky.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short List

Fair enough