Football isn't going home
One of the security cameras needed its battery recharging this week, and when I was putting it back I noticed that, because I was up a ladder, I had a different view of the back garden. I had my phone with me to check the positioning of the camera, so took this picture:
The Football World Cup is drawing to a close, with just the final left to play tomorrow. We watched the semi-finals with Frances joining us to see Argentina beat England. She joined us again today for the Bronze final between England and France, which was a corker. Nicky went to church at the half-time break, requesting updates if anything happened - just the six second half goals. She decided she should have stayed at home so requested a replay of the second half with lunch.
We have also completed our (probably) annual Harry Potter Film festival this week, watching one each evening except for Wednesday, when we quizzed. We managed 8th place with 88 points.
The midpoint of meteorological winter has passed this week, and our week has been quite cool but the solar gain in the living room has been lovely when the sun has shone. I have cut the grass for the first time in a while, and Nicky has done some weeding and planting.
Due to the school holidays there was no home group again for Nicky this week, so she invited Dale and Denise over for a shared lunch, and Bob came too. Nicky’s hair was looking good having been to the hairdressers in the morning while I did the supermarket shopping.
On Friday we went to the Object of the Month talk at the museum for the first time. The presentation of the diaries of a Whanganui-based surveyor in the 1880’s was very well attended and enjoyed.
We have started a jigsaw, done the crossword and read some books. Another tough week at the rock face of retirement.
Take care, Rick and Nicky.

Comments